Volunteering at the Library
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us! There are so many ways you can help out at the library. If you are interested in volunteering at the library, please fill out our volunteer application. A library staff member will contact you about your application.
Select your age group to view and sign up for available shifts.
Adult Volunteers (Age 18+)
Teen Volunteers (Grades 6-12)
*Teens will use the same volunteer schedule as the adults at this time.
Junior Volunteers (Grades 4 & 5)
Junior volunteers are the leaders in our new Adopt-A-Shelf program. You can read about the program below. If you are interested, please fill out the volunteer application, selecting the Adopt-A-Shelf program as your area of interest, and a librarian will get back to you to set up a time to for you to pick out your shelf and get you started!
If you have any questions, you can email Alison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Book/shelf shifting
- Dusting shelves
- Cleaning toys
- Shelf straightening
- Storytime Room maintenance
You can help keep your library nice and tidy by "adopting a shelf". You can select your shelf, or have one assigned based on your interest and availability. Adopting a shelf can be done individually or as a family/group. Adopt-A-Shelf volunteers can complete their responsibilities at their convenience, and do not need to sign up for volunteer shifts to do so.
Responsibilities of Adopting A Shelf
- Make sure the books on your shelf belong there
- Straighten the shelf by pulling books up evenly to the front
- Make sure book spines are facing out, and call numbers are at the bottom
- Keep books in correct order
- Check the condition of the books
- Dust/clean shelves as needed
- Recommend a book from your shelf - optional*
- Have your efforts recognized with an "Adopted by" label on their shelf - optional*