Wastewater Treatment Plant Updates
This page has been created to provide updates, progress reports, and other information to aid in answering questions regarding the new wastewater treatment plant project.
The City will be using 100% of the funds raised by the new Local Option Sales Tax for the wastewater treatment plant project. Funding from the tax will not be used in courthouse renovations, road repair, or any other project that does not further the construction of a new wastewater treatment plant. To view a letter from the City Council documenting this commitment, please click here.
Water Resource Recovery Facility (WRRF) News - formerly Water Pollution Control (WPC)
April 1, 2020
After all the T’s have been crossed and the I’s dotted, one of the subcontractors, Iowa Earthworks from Huxley IA, started removing dirt as you can see in the pictures.
February 6, 2020
Click on the two links below to see more information regarding the city council awarding the contract to William Brothers Construction.
February 5, 2020
During the council meeting last night the council unanimously approved the the contract to Williams Brothers Construction from Illinois to build the new wastewater plant. The link below shows the financial plan that was presented to the council during the meeting.
January 21, 2020
Bids were opened January 16, 2020 on the proposed new wastewater treatment plant. The city received bids from two contractors.
See the Press Releases for more explanation.
January 10, 2020
During the special council meeting on January 9th, HR Green a flyover video of the wastewater treatment plant site identifying the structures. The video can be seen below:
January 9, 2020
- Presentation and discussion on the current status of the proposed Water Resource Recovery Facility.
- Presentation and discussion on the updated financial pro forma regarding the Sewer Fund utilizing current project cost estimates for the Water Resource Recovery Facility.
December 29, 2019
December 16, 2019
November 6, 2019 (Dates updated January 20, 2020)
- Bid Documents available to bidders - November 11, 2019
- Pre-Bid Meeting with contractors - December 12, 2019
- Public Hearing - December 16, 2019
- Bid Opening - January 16, 2020
- Notice to Proceed - February 4, 2020
- Substantial Completion - April 1, 2022
- Fully Completed - June 10, 2022