City Clerk / Finance Department
The City Clerk/Finance Department consists of four staff members:
- City Clerk/Finance Director
- Deputy City Clerk
- Accounts Receivable Clerk
- Accounts Payable Clerk
The City Clerk/Finance Director is the lead financial planner and lead administrative liaison for the City. This staff member works with elected officials and staff to create the City’s annual budget. The City Clerk/Finance Director also oversees the long-term financial planning for the City.
The Deputy City Clerk attends and takes minutes for all City Council and Board of Trustee meetings, publishes agendas and notices as required by the Code of Iowa, maintains official City records (minutes, ordinances, resolutions, contracts, agreements, etc.) and processes certain licenses and permits.
The accounts receivable clerk oversees the receipt of money received by the City
The accounts payable clerk administers City and IMU payroll and claims that need to be paid by the city.
FY2021 Annual Budget Information
- FY21 Budget Calendar
- FY 2021 Maximum Property Tax Dollars Hearing Notice
- Indianola FY21 Budget_ February 18 2020 Presentation
- FY2021 Indianola Budget
- FY21 Indianola Maximum Property Tax Levy Resolution, Executed
- City of Indianola-FY21 Budget_March 25 2020 Presentation
- Presentation at Special City Council Mtg_4.16.2020