The State of Iowa Department of Transportation directs the County Treasurer as their agent to process motor vehicle transactions and collect appropriate fees according to the Code of Iowa (law).
These duties include but are not limited to:
- Transfer of ownership (title transfers) and collection of Road Use Tax
- Registration fees (license plate/validation fees), as well as registration refunds
- All types of vehicles (cars, trucks, trailers, motorcycles, truck-tractors, and semi-trailers) must pay an annual license fee
- Specialty plates issuance
- Duplicate titles, registrations, and plates.
- Notation and cancellation of security interests (liens)
- Storage of vehicles and Junking Certificate issuance
Warren County Treasurer's Office
301 North Buxton St.
Indianola, IA 50125
7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
You may also renew online at the Iowa County Treasurer's webpage