In response to the the COVID-19 pandemic, the City of Indianola’s non-public safety staff, including Community Development, will be working work from home until further notice. It is our hope through this period that we continue to provide the necessary services to the public with limited interruptions. Any and all inquiries can still be made to the main phone line at (515) 961-9430 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. All of our internal phone lines will be forwarded to cell phones, so we ask for your patience in the processing of inquires.
To help provide the necessary services, the following will occur until further notice:
- Applications: Submittal of applications and plans, including all permit and development applications shall be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com. There will be no requirement for hard copies of applications and plans until further notice. As applications that are submitted through USPS, FedEx, or UPS make experience a delay in processing, if you’re not able to submit applications and plans digitally, please contact us by phone at (515) 961-9430 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to make alternative plans.
- Inspections: Inspections will continue to occur and can be scheduled by contacting the main phone line at (515) 961-9430 or by e-mail at email@example.com. 24-hour notice for inspections will continue to be required. Our staff will be following the CDC’s recommendations to maintain six (6) feet of separation from other individuals on site.
- Payments: Payments via credit/debit card can still be processed over the phone. In person check and cash payments are suspended until further notice. As payments that are submitted through USPS, FedEx, or UPS will experience a delay in processing, if you’re not able to submit payments over the phone via credit/debit card, please contact us at 515-961-9430 to make alternative plans.
- Code Enforcement: Code Enforcement complaints can still be made by phone at (515) 961-9430 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Planning and Zoning Commission: The next meeting of the Planning and Zoning Commission that was scheduled for April 14 has been postponed until April 21. A final decision on this meeting will take place in the future. The submittal deadline for this meeting is Friday, April 3.
- Board of Adjustment: The next meeting of the Board of Adjustment scheduled for April 1 has been canceled due to a lack of agenda items.
As the fluidity of this pandemic continues, we will update information as it becomes available. If there are any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
The Community Development Departments Mission Statement is to contribute to public safety and community vitality by ensuring safe, quality structures compliant with code, providing excellent customer service in a timely manner, being consistent and open to feedback and change. We are sensitive to meeting community need, treating everyone fairly and equitably, creating a balance of development and hometown feel resulting in our customers being proud to be part of the city.
|Tim Little||Cortney Marmon||Charlie Dissell|
|Building and Zoning Official||Office Assistant||Community and