- About Us
- Library Policies
- Display Cases and Bulletin Boards
Display Cases and Bulletin Boards
The library’s display case and bulletin board are used to publicize and showcase community events, activities, and programs.
The library’s display case highlights the library’s collections, publicizes library or Friends of the Indianola Public Library programs or events, and showcases the work of local artists. It may not be used for commercial purposes. The schedule for the display case is set by library staff.
The library’s bulletin board is a space available for members of the community to promote not-for-profit events, programs, and organizations. Materials should be informative in nature.
Items not permitted:
- Items promoting personal, political, or religious opinions.
- Materials promoting business or commercial ventures.
- Petitions or fund solicitations, personal sales, advertisements, or job postings (except for the City of Indianola job openings).
- Illegal items or those which promote illegal activities.
Selection Criteria for Items to be Displayed
- Indianola Public Library, Friends of the Indianola Public Library, and City of Indianola programs and events take precedence.
- Events and programs from nonprofit organizations and community groups that are open to the public are acceptable, with priority given to local events and groups.
The library is not responsible for theft or damage of property on display. Items may be removed when they become outdated, space no longer permits, or at the library director’s discretion. The library is not responsible for their return. Distribution or posting of community information materials does not indicate the library’s endorsement.
Final approval rests with the library director.
Adopted 10/07, Reviewed 2/12, Revised 4/17; Revised 11/2020