If you have a concern regarding your rental home, you may file a complaint. Complaints must be first submitted to your landlord. Landlords are given 7 days to address the complaints upon receiving notification. If unresolved, tenants may file a complaint with the Code Enforcement Officer.

In order to file a complaint within Indianola regarding regarding a rental unit and/or property,  please click on the below link.

Submit Complaint Form


The City of Indianola has complied a list of resources for tenants, including rental assistance, counseling, and guidance.

  1. Rental Housing Guide
  2. HOME Inc.
  3. Iowa Legal Aid (ILA)
  4. Iowa Civil Rights Commission
  5. Warren County Public Health
  6. United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
  7. United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)

The Rental Housing Guide includes information regarding the adopted rental code, what to expect on an inspection, and resources regarding housing.

The Rental Housing Guide and should only be used as a reference by rental property owners, property managers, tenants, and likewise. It should not be interpreted as the rule of law.

View this document here

The cover page to the Rental Housing Guide. Last updated December 2021. It shows an image of a house Opens in new window