The City of Indianola adopted SUDAS (Statewide Urban Design and Specifications), effective March 1, 2021. SUDAS and the Indianola Supplemental Documents will be followed by City staff as well as professional design and construction staff who work on City projects.
For questions or to provide feedback, please email PublicWorksRequests@indianolaiowa.gov.
Iowa SUDAS Standards:
Statewide Urban Design and Specifications Program
Benefits of Moving to SUDAS
- Reduce maintenance problems of public improvements
- Ensure that public improvements will function adequately
- Uniformity in construction materials, techniques, and design
- Consistent standards between communities can save time and costs
- Easier to stay current with technology, products, and techniques
- Encourages more bidders
- Economic Development & Customer service
- SUDAS is already currently used by many communities in Iowa.
City Code of Ordinances