This page will display the upcoming projects related to the sanitary sewer collection system. Please click on the Wastewater Treatment Plant Updates page for information on the new Water Resource Recovery Facility.
The City continues to plan for and implement Capital Improvement Projects (CIP) to improve and expand the collection system. Some of these projects are currently being designed and implemented.
- Quail Meadows 3 Lift Station – this lift station is being constructed to the north of the current one that will be decommissioned. (see QM 3 Memo below)
- Wesley Lift Station upgrade – utilizing the controls from the current Quail Meadows lift station and upgrading them to be able to hook into the fiber loop so we have access to the station from the SCADA system at the wastewater plant.
- New Fiber loop – the current fiber/SCADA system will not work with the new plant SCADA. IMU and City is currently sharing a fiber loop and with the separation will allow the city to be able to connect to the new plant and increase the response time we receive information from the lift stations to the SCADA.
Along with the CIP projects the city implemented a Collection System Maintenance Program. This annual program is completed every year with the continued support from the city council. Here is a brief explanation of what is performed every year.
- Staff clean and televises on an average 50,000 feet per year.
- Line between 2,000 and 3,000 feet of sewer main a year. (see maps below showing locations)
- Lateral lining in conjunction with the sewer main lining to seal off the opening for the laterals.
- Manhole repair by lining – average 20 per year. (see maps below showing locations)
- Replace pick hole manhole lids and replace the concrete adjusting rings with Cretex Pro Rings to eliminate infiltration – average 30 per year.
Water Pollution Control - Upcoming Project
Annual Maintenance of the Sanitary Sewer Collection System
As part of the annual maintenance on the collection system, staff has identified 10 sewer mains totaling 2,380’ and 50 laterals that need to be repaired by lining them. Along with the sewer mains, city will also be repairing 10 manholes.
Both projects will help with the reduction of Inflow & Infiltration (I&I) in the collection system. Below is the tentative schedule given to the city by the contractors. All work is weather dependent so the schedule may change slightly.
Sewer Main Lining:
SAK Construction from O’Fallon Missouri
Sewer Main Line Map
- SAK’s subcontractor Accujet from Perry will be here the week of March 2, 2020 to perform cleaning and televising of the sewer mains
- March 16, 2020 – SAK will be in town to start lining the sewer mains. Contractor anticipates it taking about one week.
- March 30, 2020 – SAK will be back in town to perform the lateral lining
Hydro-Klean from Des Moines
Manhole Repair Map
- March 2, 2020 - Will start working on the manhole repairs with an anticipation of 2 weeks to perform the work.