Property Owners & Property Managers

Responding to a Rental Housing Complaint

When a tenant is in need of a problem or issue addressed within their rental unit or on the rental property, they may send a letter to the landlord/property owner requesting that the problem be addressed. If the issue is not resolved to the tenants satisfaction, the tenant may request the city to conduct a complaint-based inspection. Neither the tenant nor landlord will be charged for an initial complaint-based inspection.


  1. Lead-Based Paint
  2. Radon
  3. Translation Services

Mitigating Lead-Based Paint

Homes that are built before 1978 are likely to contain lead-based paint. The average age of rental buildings in Indianola is 1946. The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) provides information and expertise on lead mitigation and hazard prevention here.